I lurrrvee me some red lips! So when I saw this Dior lip gloss, I had to have it!
I'm a 'red lips' kind of girl and I find this perfect for during the day as I find red lipstick a bit unpractical and 'out there' for my day-to-day uni student life.
* It's a gorgeous shade of red and shimmers and glitters, which might not be to everyones taste but I always love a bit of sparkle!
* It goes on smoothly and isn't very sticky and keeps my lips moisturized.
* My lips looks so luscious and plump! Maybe that's because of the "flash-plumping, "spotlight shine" effect"?
* It lasted me about an hour, an hour and a half before I had to reapply which is quite good in my books.
* It's a bit pricey.
* If you want to compare this to Lancôme Juicy Tubes, this Dior lip gloss is quite disappointing in regards to taste and smell. I could lick my lips all day whilst wearing Juicy Tubes just because they taste so good. I have just tasted my Dior Ultra Gloss (yes, I'm being serious) and taste wise I'd give it an F. BUT the only reason I didn't get a Juicy Tube is because they didn't have the shade I was looking for. I was on the search for a red lip gloss with that oomph affect and Juicy Tubes didn't have the right shade I was looking for.
Overall review? I like this lip gloss, mainly because of the fabulous shade I got in it. So if you're looking for a red lip gloss in an ah-may-zin shade of red, with quite good durability, and don't mind the fact that it's tasteless, Dior Ultra Gloss in 856 is the way to go.. Trust me!
p.s. I'd like to apologize about the quality of the picture, I'm on holiday right now and left the wire for my camera back home so I've unfortunately had to resort to using my beloved blackberry! When I'm back home (tomorrow!) I shall be posting all my own pics, in perrrrfect quality.
If you liked this post, then please subscribe.