In that post I talked about how it was my first time trying a cream blush, and how I fell in love with it!
I was recently in MAC and couldn't resist buying one of their blushcremes! I decided to go for 'Ladyblush' - a cool pink shade.
✮What they say:
Luxuriously soft and creamy, this new cream blush tenderly flushes the cheeks or brings them into full-blown rosy bloom. Blends well; layers exquisitely. Gives a vibrant, dewy fresh, slightly shiny look to the cheeks. Apply with a brush or fingers.
✮What I say...
* It's a gorgeous light rosy pink shade that I think could suit most complexions. Once blended properly, it looks very feminine, natural and dewy and leaves you with a perfect rosy glow. It's a build-able colour, the more you apply, the more pigmented it looks. As you can see in the picture below, once blended out it's very sheer and light. Oh and no glitter or shimmer!
Consistency and texture:
* As you can see in the picture below, it's uber creamy! In the second picture, I swirled blushcreme around so you can see how creamy its texture is (click on the picture to enlarge it):
* It blends really well into your skin, and as already mentioned looks very natural.
* Its wearing power exceeded my expectations. I put some on my cheeks around 11am and when I was removing my make up at 7 - 8pm my cheeks were still as rosy as they were in the morning - I was quite impressed by that!
* I've read online that this shade is being discontinued - I bought it about 1 week ago so if you do want this cream blush you should purchase it as soon as you can.
* It's decently priced - £17.
* It smells like makeup. Does that make sense?
* A little goes along way - just a little dab of it, blended well, creates that natural flushed look.
* You can also use this blushcreme as a base for powder blushes to make them last longer.
* I also tried dabbing some of this blushcreme on my lips (I love making products multi-functional) and it also looks very pretty - it looks like a light rosy almost nude shade on the lips.
All in all, I really like this product. I apply it right on the apples of my cheeks and a little along my cheek bones (lightly with my fingers - but you can also use a brush) and it leaves me looking perfectly flushed and fresh!
Would I recommend this product? Yes - I think it's a really pretty shade and would suit almost anyones complexion.
Would I buy this product again? Maybe - I said maybe just because when this blushcreme finishes, I want to experiment with other brands and shades of cream blush!
You can purchase this blushcreme at any MAC store, or online.